For a very limited time, you can get discounted admission to the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia.
Choose Between Two Options
- $30 for two admission tickets, two carousel rides, and one $5-off coupon to spend in the Kids Shop ($45 value)
- $60 for four admission tickets, four carousel rides, and two $5-off coupons to spend in the Kids Shop ($90 value)
- Kids Shop coupon is valid only for purchases over $5
Please Touch Museum
“Don’t touch that.” The founders behind Please Touch Museum knew kids were used to hearing this phrase—and they wanted to change things. In 1976, they opened a museum dedicated to families with children aged seven and younger. The concept? That interactive exhibits and hands-on interaction would let kids learn through play.
- Size: Two floors with 156,000 square feet of exhibits were designed for open-ended exploration.
- Eye Catcher: The 40-foot replica of the Statue of Liberty’s Arm and Torch, is made from toys and found objects.
- Permanent Mainstay: The Woodside Park Dentzel Carousel, which was built in 1908, is still operating today.
- Don’t Miss: The toy collection, which encompasses more than 25,000 board games, action figures, and other fun items manufactured after 1945, is a must-see for kids and adults.
- Hands-On Activities: Kids pretend to sell tickets to the World’s Fair and play doctor at the City Capers exhibit.
- The Building: The museum occupies the entirety of Memorial Hall, which was built in 1876, long before children even existed.
- Special Programs: Performances of music, puppetry, and other arts take the stage at the Playhouse Theatre.
- Before You Go: Stop by the Kids Shop, which is stocked with toys designed to help children learn through play, plus children’s books and Memorial Hall memorabilia.