This post may contain affiliate links. That means I get a small compensation if you make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
The popular Target Car Seat Trade-In Event is happening now through April 17, 2021 at local Target stores. Guests can take their old car seats and bases to the store and drop them in the specialty marked drop-off boxes. In exchange for the car seat, they will receive a 20% off coupon to be used towards a new car seat, base, travel system, stroller, or select baby home gear. Guests must be enrolled in Target Circle to participate in the event and receive the coupon.
Follow these steps to receive your coupon:
- Take your old car seat or booster seat to your local Target store
- Drop it off in the drop off boxes near guest services
- Make sure you have the Target app downloaded on your phone
- Open the app and scan the bar code on the drop off box
- Once you scan it, the coupon code should appear in your app wallet
- Tap the Save+ button to save the coupon
Coupons can be applied to both in-store and online purchases and are eligible through May 1, 2021.
Do you have two car seats to recycle? No worries! You can redeem this offer twice!
During the trade-in event Target will accept and recycle all types of car seats, including infant seats, convertible seats, car seat bases, harness or booster car seats and car seats that are expired or damaged. Materials from the old car seats will be recycled by Target’s partner, Waste Management.